Update on Stored Dishwasher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

We have rewired the d/washer underneath using brenad new wire and clips, and checked the pump and motor and unsiezed the motor (using WD40 as directed by the engineer who is coming tomorrow).

The machine sounds better but is still not pumping water into the spray bars. So the engineer is coming out tomorrow morning to have a look, he is doing a free quote and will let me know whats wrong and what it will cost, he said it may be a new pump and motor, any ideas of cost and cost of fitting, so I dont get ripped off.

He told me the machine is one of the best Hotpoint ever made and to get it fixed, he said it was made only for Currys by Hotpoint, so I contacted Currys today and they said exactly the same, its better to repair that one (maybe between £50 to £100) than pay £269 for a new machine, which wont do a good as job as the older machine.

I also rang Hopoint and guess wot they said it was their best ever machine and to get it fixed.

So Ill come on and leave a message when the engineer had been tommorow morning.

Thanks for all your advices.

Catherine

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back