Upgrading gully

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’m wanting to upgrade my outdoor gully cover that takes away my kitchen waste water.
the pipe itself is 8” is there anything that I could just slip over this?

4DFD28DD-3F5C-4D5E-A15D-A1D247ED5EE4.jpeg
A468D5E8-414F-4105-A88B-8DA9CBC1D5DB.jpeg

Sponsored Links
It is most likely broken and leaking in the ground, so you will need to dig it out and replace with new plastic.

Was the house built before 1940?

Are you in a town, or near a factory, railway, airfield or harbour?

I don’t think it’s broke but I won’t be replacing anything just yet, I’m just wanting to cover it with a new housing but was unsure of the name of the parts I’m after

Circular cast iron gulley Grids - they come in various sizes. Just google for them.
Your upstand chamber shows water so reach down with a gloved hand and clear any silt from the bottom.
Post a pic of the larger yard area context if you want more info?

Sponsored Links
Circular cast iron gulley Grids - they come in various sizes. Just google for them.
All I can see are the grates, is there anything that I can get with a housing also? So it can cover the 8” pipe.

So I shouldn’t see any water in the pipe?

Your upstand shows a socket end, the socket acts as a limited kind of hopper.
Check hoppers - one of them with a "housing" might squeeze into your 8" diameter?

If its for a Soakaway then no water should be seen - the upstand goes into a bend and drainage.
If the gulley is connected to the sewage system then the upstand drops into a trap with water in it 24/7.

What's the diameter of the pipe, (not the socket)? Assuming 4", try a McAlpine DC-11 into that, then a gully hopper into that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back