Upsizing brass boss adaptors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I need to upgrade the 32mm waste pipes for my bathroom reno. They are currently bossed into a pitch fibre pipe using brass compressions fittings, that look like they can be adapted, but i have no idea what im looking for.

I'm moving the waste branch down into the floor void so the top one of these two waste will need to come off, so i'm thinking i need 50mm at least to deal with a a bath (furthest point), a shower (mid point) and basin (closest).

My other option is to cut this section out and put a new boss in, but it needs to be connected to this pitch pipe somehow.

1720183352259.png

This pic shows where the new 110mm pipe will be branched off and run at under floor level. Hence at least the top boss needs to go. All work needs to be done from above...

1720183885209.png

My other option is cut them both out and used something like this with the branch above it for the toilet. But that would be max 40mm waste with bath, shower and basin all into it...

1720184037826.png

Sponsored Links
You say pitch fibre, but be careful in case it’s asbestos or asbestos containing. If all good (not asbestos), I would use something like a flex seal and renew in pvc.

You say pitch fibre, but be careful in case it’s asbestos or asbestos containing. If all good (not asbestos), I would use something like a flex seal and renew in pvc.
Think I'm good but will take precautions and dispose of correctly. When you say flex, do you mean something like this which would worry me as it's sealed outside
1720213800912.png

Or like this to push renewed pvc into the old pitch?

1720213963597.png

Yes, something like the first one. I’m not sure you’ll get push fit to marry up. I’ve used plenty of the flexseal joints afaik without issue.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Yes’m, something like the first one. I’m not sure you’ll get push fit to marry up. I’ve used plenty of the flexseal joints afaik without issue.
Ok thanks. You think that will be ok in a vertical stack with all the branches above it? I've had 2 plumbers in to quote. Both said leave the 32mm wastes in. 1 for shower one for bath, one will have the basin tee into it. I think my plan is to cut below the existing branches. Put a new boss adapter in pvc, 1x 50mm pipe is all I have room for as I can't go in at the sides and I can't find a stacked boss adapter. I'll the run the shower an bath into the 50mm and the toilet branch above with the basin into that.

32mm is only suitable for the basin and nothing else. 50mm should be ok for the extra, or even 40mm

32mm is only suitable for the basin and nothing else. 50mm should be ok for the extra, or even 40mm
thought so, not what either plumber said. This is why im doing it myself. If you want something doing properly...

Took the old waste out yesterday. Its defo pitch. Impossible to cut as its just made of tar.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back