Upstairs floor levels

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey all, I have a problem with the upstairs rooms of my house. Basically they are not level and fall a fair bit towards the center (landing area)

The housebuilder wants to use self levelling compound to about 15mm thickness to address it. It means my landing will increase in height so the top stair step will become higher than the rest.

I wanted them to remove the chipboard flooring and add new joists next to old and sister them to the right level. Plane the existing but re-strengthen with the new joists alongside. Apparently they reckon removing the flooring will rip the top of the joists off due to D4 glue being used.

Is that accurate? Will it destroy the joists? I have i-joists.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Brand new house. The floor isn’t sagging but the supporting wall down the centre is not matching the level of the outside walls. This means when joist hangers were put in, they are a bit higher than the ones in the middle.

So if you looked above at it all, everything is falling to the center.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back