UPVC Cylinder lock refuses to come out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am trying to replace this cylinder and don’t seem to be able to. I have done on all other UPVC doors in the house but this one refuses to come out is a new door only one year old. The tenant replaced the keys.

I can turn the key ok and it locks fine.
I have even removed the handle.

Could it have another grub screw or something that stops it as it’s not the usual remove a screw turn the key slightly and the lock is out. Puzzled.

Sponsored Links
More photos

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 95
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 90
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 119
Pull it out from the front outside then, it has an anti snap shield outside so it won't allow the barrel to slide in

Key needs to be turned to allow the internal lever to align for removal , a few mm wrong in either direction will prevent it moving.
Cam alignment
  1. Pull Out the Cylinder - Turn the key while apply slight pressure to the opposite end of the cylinder. As you do so the cam will line up with the rest of the lock and you will be able to slide the cylinder out towards yourself. The key usually needs to be turned approximately 25° clockwise or anti-clockwise.

Sponsored Links
Ok mistery solved the cylinder had a little grub screw that wouldn’t let it out. I had to remove the two hex screws to remove the Sbd plate as it would not otherwise remove it either from the front or from the back.

Attachments

• 63952335-1888-4119-A3C1-B3718B1B6043.jpeg
    63952335-1888-4119-A3C1-B3718B1B6043.jpeg
    128.7 KB · Views: 177
Hi Yanni, I got the same problem, would you please share how to remove the two hex screws in the cylinder?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back