Upvc door frame and composite door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm hoping someone can advise me. I am looking to change my front door. The space I have is 900 x 2000. I have a composite door with upvc frame that measure 875 x 2055 and I need to remove the bottom threshold which is about 70mm, as my current door doesn't have one just a strip at the bottom (picture attached) I was hoping to keep this. I will def need to pack out the frame on the sides and possibly a few mm on the top. Is this possible and what would I use. Thank you

Attachments

• E3C4D66F-6D37-4688-A77F-57364EDA3F1B.jpeg
    E3C4D66F-6D37-4688-A77F-57364EDA3F1B.jpeg
    344.4 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_8290.jpeg
    IMG_8290.jpeg
    577.5 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_8282.png
    IMG_8282.png
    847.2 KB · Views: 38
Sponsored Links
Not sure you can just chop the bottom of the frame off and fit the level threshold from the old one. Check the measurements from the lintel down to door step and see where you are with that. You can potentially fit the door a bit lower provided it clears the internal floor when opened and the drainage at the bottom is clear. You can easily trim the lugs of the top and bottom of the frame to gain 15mm.

As cdbe .. don't see that threshold working for you I'm afraid , and not sure you'd get 15mm by cutting the ribbing. Potentially you could drop it lower than the inside floor but would take lots of double checking before hand that the door would actually fit ,55mm is a lot to try and lose in a door height

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back