Urgent radiator help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi chaps,

I'm in the process of refitting a radiator. I have only ever replaced an old one before but this one is new and has extendable fixings on it where it fastens to the pipes (for adjustment). When i its fixed in place the radiator leaks but not from the nuts. Water is running between the shaft and sliding component that has the nut on. As far as i can see no matter how tight the nut is done up this will always leak. How do i remedy this?

Cheers in advance

Tom

Sponsored Links
They were already on the rad. Yeah, they are quite similar to that. They are screwed into the rad with an allen key from what i can see. But the water seems to be leaking through the adjustable shaft.

i'm still not sure if u are using normal rad valves

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat...erchants.i never did like the adjustable ones

Sponsored Links
Cheers for the help JPC. As far as i know the extensions came fitted with the radiator, its only a few years old. They only allow for a very small dicrepensy (say 15mm). I'll try again tonight.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back