Vaillant 831- help required

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a vailant 831 boiler and sylus thermostat. This boiler is the one with the timer.

1. When I increase the temperature above the room temperature on the thermostat I can see the green light turning up on the reciever.
- this is to confirm that the pairing between the thermostat and reciever is fine.

2. When I turn the knob of my boiler to the radiator, it switches on the heating irrespective of what the temperature is on the thermostat.
Even if the temperature set on thermostat is set to lower than the room temperature, I see the boiler starts to heat up the radiator.

Am I doing something wrong or would you suggest me to try out anything.

Thanks for your help!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Thank you. But could figure out the issue. The 24v rt loop was connected.

Thank you. But could figure out the issue. The 24v rt loop was connected.
Sorry, don't understand. Do you mean you couldn't figure it out?
In a quick look at the Installation Instructions, as well as the User Manual I didn't see anything about 24v so you're ahead of me there.
I don't know much about these boilers, I was hoping the history I asked for would help somebody on here diagnose the problem. History is often important but rarely mentioned by posters unless asked for!

24v link would have been my 1st port of call for the fault you describe. Removing the cover on that particular boiler forms part of the combustion circuit and should be checked for safety afterwards.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back