Vaillant boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are building an extension and would like to know how we can tell the capacity of our Vaillant boiler. There is nothing written on it only Vaillant.

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
If you swing the front panel down/away, you'll see a lable somewhere. Can be hard to find.

If its a combi then the central heating power is going to be irrelevant as the minimum will be 24 kW and thats more than twice what an average house needs!

Combi boilers are rated by the water heating power. The minimum of 24 kW is enough heating for a 10 bedroom hotel!

But not the water output!

A 10 bed hotel cannot use a combi boiler in case all 10 rooms wanted a shower at the same time as that would need a 240 kW combi ! The solution is to store the water and 500 litres would be normal although 300 litres is often used and is OK most of the time with diverse occupants. Fails seriously when the rugby team stay there and all want showers at the same time!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Thank you very much for your help. It seems I won't need a new boiler to heat my extension. I'll remember not to invite a rugby team to stay!

Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back