Vaillant EcoTECHplus 624 - F22 error.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have got the above error and know that I should put water into the boiler with the filling loop.
The problem is that I can only see one tap and from what I have read there should be two and therefore cannot get water into the boiler.
I have included some photos, please help.
IMG_20240911_160502028_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240916_150742619.jpg

Sponsored Links
If you open the red handled valve ,does pressure not increase ? If so show us a pic of the valve ( from below) of the valve on the other end of the flexible hose.

No the pressure does not increase, the water is not getting through. I nearly included this photo before! Thank you for your help.
IMG_20240916_150614941.jpg

With the hose disconnected from that valve ,direct it into a bucket and open the red valve. Does water flow from the hose?
If it does we need to see pics of the valve from the sides and from below,your pic shows from the end of the valve which doesn't tell us much ,other than its a non return valve.

Sponsored Links
Thanks. On the bottom of the non return valve there is a slot for a flat bladed screwdriver. Use the screwdriver to turn the slot one quarter turn ,that will open that valve. Reconnect the hose and open the red valve to top up pressure.
As the slot has been damaged in the past it's a bit mashed up. Use a wide bladed screwdriver. It could do with being replaced to be frank.

If you can't turn that screw at all ,you will need to get a replacement valve ,and you won't be able to top up pressure until you do one or the other.
What area of the country are you based ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back