vaillant VCW-GB-242, CH PROBLEMS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all,

Ive had CH problems for the last 3 years, tried several treatments and bleeds, new pump and still no better really.

DHW is working fine, little slow to react sometimes but works fine. CH only really gets luke warm unless i turn thermostat fully up, although even then only first few radiators on the system get really hot.

Ive read people mention diverter valve problems with these boilers,

The boiler doesnt seem to light up for long enough to heat CH water suffieciently.

any ideas please...

paul.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like general lack of proper maintenance is taking its toll. It sounds like you could have a corroded system and not balanced properly. Possibly the settings of the boiler all over the place.

Not microbore system,

when the boiler kicked in this morning i felt both CH and DHW outlet pipes, both were warm without and demand for DHW, this points me towards diverter valve,

although i do live in an area that struggles with scale in the water, is there a way of descaling the boiler. I have the user/installation manual so ill try resetting all the boiler settting to some neutral point.

cheers
paul.

Sponsored Links
CH pipe doesnt get warm when i run hot water, so i guess that rules out the diverter valve.

i guess it could just be scale in the boiler then, any ideas on descaling?

service manual is paper copy, ill try and scan it all onto pdf and send it on.

cheers
paul.

guess it could just be scale in the boiler then, any ideas on descaling?
if it was scale it would be in the domestic heat ex nothing to do with the heating and if its the black plastic one

LEAVE IT ALONE

might be sludge in the system good flush wouldnt hurt

poss pump

:idea:

FWIW

most of the probs ive come across on these boilers either stem from the water section or servo valve ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back