Valspar labels?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I took an old empty tin of valspar (Which is coloured to be F&B Strong White) to B&Q to get another tin. This original tin wasn't saved on their system as it was from the previous home owners, and they left the tin here when I moved in. I now need more of the paint so I took the tin down and asked for another tin of it. They said it will match perfectly as they can just recreate the amounts shown on the label. I got back home with the new tin and it doesn't match the one on the wall, I checked the label and there is a difference:

Original tin:

8916 5+10/16
8983 2+5/16
8991 3+8/16

New tin:
8916 5+10/16
8983 2+5/16
8991 3+5/16 (This line is different)

Does anyone understand these colour codes and is there a mistake? Having such a nightmare with Valspar, every time i get a colour match its completely different..

Sponsored Links
If you take it back they may try fixing your current tin or giving you a new tin
Colour matching is a problem though. Same colour in the same brands don't always match plus mixing machine calibration can be different

If you take it back they may try fixing your current tin or giving you a new tin
Colour matching is a problem though. Same colour in the same brands don't always match plus mixing machine calibration can be different
Yeah i'm going to take it back today. This is the 3rd time I have tried colour matching this tin, I get it isn't always gonna be accurate, but don't understand the labels - it looks like they put different amounts of one of the colours?

Sponsored Links
Maybe different base or pigment used. Things change.
Might be a mistake they made. Put some paint on paper and take to demonstrate

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back