Veissmann Vitodens 111 failing to send hot water to Underfloor Heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help? We installed a brand new Veissman Vitodens 111 and underfloor heating system (Ambiente Manifold, Grundfos ump3 auto pump, and Heatmiser Controls) 18 months ago. We've had no issues at the tail end of winter 2022 and all of winter 2023; but when things switched on this week its not working. They are all 'smart' so i'm data rich across both the Veismann ViCare app and Heatmiser app; but cant quite figure the problem!

Situation:
Room thermostats seem to be working, they are triggering the heatmiser controls correctly.
The heatmiser control appears to be triggering the pump and manifold actuators correctly.
The manifold flow meters drop as expected, indicating there is flow in the right zones.
However, the thermometer at the manifold shows flow temperature of only 15C. its been running 2 days and hasnt changed.
The veismann boiler shows no faults and dhw is working fine; but the burner is not being triggered for the heating circuit.
i have set the target flow temperature to 40C; but the boiler 'thinks' the current flow temperature is >50C (therefore not engaging the burner).
clearly there is a disconnect between the manifold showing 15C and the boiler 'thinking' its 50C.
when i set the boiler target flow temperature to be 60C; the burner switches on--and the flow temperature quickly rises to 80C before switching off. so the burner is working!
for what its worth--the boiler 'internal pump' appears to be running constantly also. pressure is fine--i've bled the system at both the manifold and boiler with no air pockets.

any ideas? i was thinking either a temperature sensor issue in the boiler; or an issue with the grundfos pump not drawing enough water? (but assume flow meters dropping suggest the pump is working fine?)

Sponsored Links
What is/are the manifold temps set to on the TMVs, thermostatic mixing valves?, these would normally be set to 35C/40C, are the manifold circ pumps running?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back