Vents for eaves and tile vents

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I've had a long term heating and hot water issue as my wiring centre is in the loft and the wiring does become oxidised and the hot water and heating intermittently come on. @Johntheo5

It has finally been diagnosed there's too much moisture in the loft. I have two extractor fans going into the loft void and they're not vented!

Could I vent through the fans through some eave vents? And have a roof vent tile to bring in fresh air into the loft?

Any ideas and suggestions would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Why are you getting so much moisture in the loft?, have you got a open vented system and the F&E (feed&expansion) cistern is getting hot.

I read that a extraction fans blowing in loft? I've seen that many times.
Core through wall in bathroom or other area to vent out .
Other option is to fit solid pipes running across loft and out with centrifugal fans fitted.
Also fit roof vents in tiles

Why are you getting so much moisture in the loft?, have you got a open vented system and the F&E (feed&expansion) cistern is getting hot.
I do have open vent system but the FE not getting hot. One extractor has been vented there since 2000 and the other since 2017 and obviously the problems started last Oct

Sponsored Links
I read that a extraction fans blowing in loft? I've seen that many times.
Core through wall in bathroom or other area to vent out .
Other option is to fit solid pipes running across loft and out with centrifugal fans fitted.
Also fit roof vents in tiles
What are centrifugal fans?

A centrifugal fan creates air pressure moving air along a pipe for several metres vs a standard fan that is fairly useless unless vent pipe is short

A centrifugal fan creates air pressure moving air along a pipe for several metres vs a standard fan that is fairly useless unless vent pipe is short
Would it be running 24/7 or would it wire up with the existing fan?

Would the centrifugal fan be in the loft in between the exit and the pipes leading to the extractor fan? Or would it simply replace the existing extractor fan?

Approximate costs?

Not surprised the wiring is oxidising.
The extractors have to be vented outside either tile or soffit vents.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back