Veritas alarm- power outage , key pad has red light on tamper

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi , we had a power cut this morning. The alarm went off as expected however when the power came back on the kay pad to the veritas alarm was all lit up , the zones were still all black and the power and tamper button were also not lit up , just the keypad. The Alarm continued to go off as expected. I've followed advice online how to reset the alarm by disconnecting the battery pack , powering the fuse down then waiting a few minutes. Its taken 3 of these resets to get the key pad back online and me being able to type a code in however I had to use the master code of the alarm to stop it from going off, my previous code was not being accepted . The alarm us now unset which is great however 'tamper' is lit in red, its not flashing , just a soild red light.

Do I need to re-programme the alarm ? how do I get the tamper light to disappear ?

thanks

Sponsored Links
Try replacing the battery ….it shouldn’t go off in power cut for at least 8hours ….that’s what the battery is for!

Have u put the lid back on the control panel? May just need reseating. So the spring is depressed. Yes it will need to be reprogrammed if codes have defaulted then everything else will have too. And a new battery as above

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back