Viessmann Vitodens 100 WB1A from 2008 broken. Ideas?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I came down in the morning to my Viessmann's fan running flat out, but no heating, and a completely blank display (so no error code!) and no lights illuminated.

With these symptoms, I assumed it was the PCB so bought a brand-new-sealed-old-stock one and fitted it this morning. My mistake.... it showed F0 error for a few seconds and illuminated the 'reset' light, before going dead like the previous one :cry: Investigation shows that one of the soldered-in 400mA PCB fuses has blown, in the area of the power supply on the circuit board.

So, it's clear something is blowing up the PCBs. Is anyone familiar with this particular problem and these symptoms on this boiler?

I'm loathe to throw good money after bad... the boiler is 16 years old, but I would quite like to repair it if it's economic to do so.

Thanks for any ideas!

Sponsored Links
Are there any water leaks ?
Try disconnecting the cables for each boiler part, and reconnect one at a time testing along the way to see if any particular component is giving you issues.

You could save shed load of money on heating/dhw if you upgraded though. Boilers have come a very long way in the last 15years

No water leaks.

I've tried reconnecting each cable one at a time after replacing the fuse, but I think the damage to the PCBs has already been done. I'm not going to sacrifice a third PCB in this way...

It was a pretty nice condensing system boiler. Dual temperature, hot water priority. Modulates down to a CH flow temperature of 50 degrees (80 degrees for fast DHW reheat). I doubt there's much efficiency savings to be had from a new boiler, to be honest.

Sponsored Links
No water leaks.

I've tried reconnecting each cable one at a time after replacing the fuse, but I think the damage to the PCBs has already been done. I'm not going to sacrifice a third PCB in this way...

It was a pretty nice condensing system boiler. Dual temperature, hot water priority. Modulates down to a CH flow temperature of 50 degrees (80 degrees for fast DHW reheat). I doubt there's much efficiency savings to be had from a new boiler, to be honest.
Not so fast. I am running a viessmann 100 2021 version with weather comp on a 0.5 curve running 24/7 using ~40% less gas than my old setup which only ran 6 hours a day. It has flow temps of about 33c @ 0c, running at 97%+ efficiency. A constant internal temp of 23-23.5c and DHW goes all the way down to 30c. A modulation ratio of 1:10 and I could go on... - The viessmann 200-w is even better.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back