Vokera 20-80 R S Flowmatic - I need a new microswitch

flowmatic is good boiler if a little long in the tooth.

dhw diaphragm is a simple job. 30 mins.

if its not been looked at properly for a while i would get the diverter valve service kit fitted too as a bare minimum.

if the microswitch is at fault (doubt it) the 4148 is the correct one for this boiler.

Turned on hot water this morning and it fired up perfectly, so one day is Ok, then two days not, then fouth and fifth days OK, then sixth not etc... does this not sound like a connection problem - microswitch? If it was a problem with the diaphragm, might this happen as well? It has been looked at yearly and a new diverter valve was fitted about 18 months ago...

could still be the diaphragm.

Sponsored Links
dangermouse46, up until recently Vokera seemed to be the just about the only brand that was installed in Glasgow, Have to agree current models are no better or no worst that most other boilers, but have to disagree that earlier models (Flowmatics and Excels) are cow dung. Would like to think I have extensive knowledge on workings of these models and carry many spares for first time repair.

I have rebuild these boilers be it on their last legs or recovered from a skip (someone having thrown parts at it) to put to use again. So, I am a litle astounded at your comments. I find Flowmatic to be a model that is easy to work on (try changing a diaphragm on a WB or a Ravernheat 820), parts are cheap, all metal parts and will keep on working on a dirty system.

I would be interested to hear why you have such a low estimation of Flowmatics and Excels.

What boiler do you consider to be numero uno. Do not say WB or Vaillant (pale image of VCW 242/ 282 or the T3 which is still chugging away in home length and bredth of the country)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back