Vokera Excell 80SP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All,

i've just added some rads to my system, added my Fernox and ran it for an hour or so, plus over the past few days, the heating has started to come on for the first time since summer is ending.. :cry:

On a number of occasions, if the central heating has been on in the previous hours, I get no hot water. The boiler makes no effort to do anything.

If I blast a tap, then it starts working again.

Do you think it may be the actuator pin getting stuck due to the heat?
Once working again, its fine until the heating has been on again.

I am having the boiler serviced on Friday and am wondering what else I should ask for. The boiler company only seems to do the bare minimum.

I would like them to do some preventive maintenance while they are here but am unsure what to ask for.
The large diaphragm was replaced around 4 years ago. but I have the remainder of the kit of parts, none of the other bits were used.

Your thoughts on a "proper" service would be of great interest before Friday.

Many thanks, Alex.

Sponsored Links
A proper service is just that and involves cleaning, inspecting and setting the gas pressures and checking the performance.

If the diaphragm was replaced four years ago then its failed again. They rarely last more then two years on your model.

Tony

Thanks Tony, the lady told me they may only lubricate the pin, but I will ask that they change the whole thing.

We would class that as a repair and come within 24 hrs.

A service is cheaper and we come when we can fit it in after a few days.

Tony

Sponsored Links
I would ask them to check operation of the hot water diaphagm and if operation is ok then would check the venturi in water section. Also the non return valve in the flow connection are prone to blocking.

Dave

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back