Vokera Linea 28 CH always on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Whenever my boiler is powered on the CH is on, regardless of any control panel switch or dial settings. The temperature display shows approx 75deg, with no error codes. I'm living by turning it off at the mains except when I need hot water.

Any ideas?

Cheers.
Paul

Sponsored Links
Thanks Tony.

Some more info I forgot... HW works fine, except when taking shower the water goes cold every 2 mins for around 20 secs.

As a separate issue, since new the boiler has fired up every 30 mins or so for 60 secs, then turned off again. From browsing this site it seems this behaviour can be disabled by changing a PCB jumper setting?

Cheers again.

I am sorry, I over looked that your problem could also be caused by something else.

The CH always being on is most likely to be as a result of a snapped off control knob on the selector switch.

The DHW preheat can be turned off as you suggest.

The DHW going cold for 20 secs every two minutes sounds as if the boiler has never been serviced and the fan/venturi/APS may be defective or need cleaning, CORGi job though. Does it give any fault code during the off time?

Tony

Sponsored Links
The boiler has never been serviced in it's nine years! Oops.

But I don't think a broken knob is the reason the CH is always on, as the CH timer is in the constantly off position, and the knob does correctly turn the boiler off. Also, the temperature reading is around 75 deg even if the temperature dials are turned to minimum. I've not checked for error codes while the shower is running, will try that tonight.

Cheers Tony.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back