Volex switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I need to replace a Volex switch and I would like to keep to the same design if possible, as all the other accessories in the room match, however I can't seem to find anywhere that sells this particular style. It is satin chrome, angled edge, as in the attached picture. It is not the round corner type, it has more of a beveled edge and sharper radius corners.

volexswitch.jpg

I originally purchased it from Screwfix in 2008 (sad, I still have the receipt!) however they no longer stock them, so was wondering if anyone here knows of a supplier?

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
There are some Volex satin switches with white inserts on ebay. Not searched the whole lot but you may be lucky.

Sponsored Links
9235_58.JPG
volexswitch-jpg.113744

This newlec one certainly looks like the same switch insert as your Volex one, the metal profiles different, but theres likely a few different ranges, how many newlec do, i dont know

Yes, but what about sockets (and FCUs if there are any) in the room where it is?

If you can't get identical, would anyone notice a mismatch with "very close"?

If you can't get identical, could you replace everything in that room?

Another option is to remove the dimmer module and fit a push on/off module to your old plate, even the existing dimmer knob may fit and match too

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back