Vomit smell from water cylinder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Awful vomit smell coming from airing cupboard where hot water storage tank is. I see a leak from a pipe out of cylinder.

Why does it smell so bad? Is it dangerous?

I ve circled the leak. Is that water from the cylinder or to the cylinder?

It’s a communal system with boiler on the roof.

I await the engineers. Tik tok tik tok. I can’t call my own plumbers as they won’t touch communal set ups.

Attachments

• IMG_8984.jpeg
    IMG_8984.jpeg
    400.4 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_8978.jpeg
    IMG_8978.jpeg
    312.3 KB · Views: 46
Sponsored Links
Some more photos of the set up

Attachments

• IMG_8992.jpeg
    IMG_8992.jpeg
    359.1 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_8991.jpeg
    IMG_8991.jpeg
    292.6 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_8990.jpeg
    IMG_8990.jpeg
    333.2 KB · Views: 40
Chances are it is the additive in the heating system you can smell it can be unpleasant. Stop the leak should solve it although if that auto vent is operating a lot you may have a smell from the gasses produced.

Sponsored Links
Possibility but if a lot is being produced it suggests a problem with the system, constant refilling or else pumping over/ sucking in air.
Not familiar with your Thermoflow system, but certainty not uncommon if the normal open systems.
Perhaps others will be a bit more up to date than an old retired codger like me.

Either gauge is faulty or you need you system looked at.
A gas boiler use to max at 85 degrees with overheat cutout set at 95 degrees C ( mostly)
Condensing boilers start thinking of shutting down around 80 but at that temperature unlike;y to be condensing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back