W-B 37CDI

B

BigBurner

This combi says that there is no by-pass required. Does it have a flow switch if all TRVs close? Anyone fitted one?

Sponsored Links
Would that be because its already got an auto bypass built

This combi says that there is no by-pass required. Does it have a flow switch if all TRVs close? Anyone fitted one?

Any installer who got half way though the course, would know better than to install trv's on all the rads.

Sponsored Links
Bengasman are you talking about the CD i in particular or every boiler

Can't think of any steamer that wants a trv on every rad. Must admit I have not seen every boiler ever made on this planet, but am fairly confident that there is nothing out there in this country that has a properly completed benchmark sheet, AND a trv on every rad.

Caught another one .
The regs dont ask for a roomstat they ask for a boiler interlock ,roomstat being the most common easiest way to achieve this.

A boiler with a flow switch will also achieve this and trvs can then be on every rad.

Baxi solo HE baxi 133HE combi`s and certain suprima to name the most common there will be others out there.
So perhaps you would have been better gettin g to the end of the course instead of halfway through (soz could not resist) :LOL:

Bigburner
The worcester instructions are as clear as mud
Says no bypass req but doesnt mention auto bypass in boiler (prob controlled by the anti cycle feature in some way)
Also says trvs on every rad on change over with possible autobypas down stream
But on new system it says leave one off in room with room stat.

Nothing in the spec mentions flow switch on heating side.
Now that doesnt add up in my book

Baxi solo HE baxi 133HE combi`s and certain suprima to name the most common there will be others out there.
So perhaps you would have been better gettin g to the end of the course instead of halfway through (soz could not resist) :LOL:

Believe it or not, I have yet to see the first solo, steam or no, or any other boiler that works with this system. I do know they exist, but as the people around here are very intelugunt, they don’t buy them.

All jokes aside, I would say setting up a system with no roomstat, all trv, and no bypass is asking for trouble. I can see how a boiler could detect lack of flow, or absence rather, and use that to turn off. What I can’t see is how the boiler senses that the flow has to come back on. Only way to turn back on is after set time, needed or not.

Apart from that, right next to the rad, 8 inches above the floor is hardly the best place to measure the roomtemperature. Nor is a trv anywhere near as accurate as a roomstat. Add to that the fact that it only takes one little rad to be on, and the boiler will keep cycling even if the rest of the house is fine.

It has one advantage though, never a problem with the roomstat.

It may be legal, to use a solo with a timer and all trv-controlled, but I would be a lot more confident to keep my satisfied-customer-rate high using W-B CDI with roomstat. Methinks I will get a lot fewer calls to come and see why the system does not work.

The course I did, told us that a W-B CDI is far better than a solo.
Indeed, that was before the break.
:D :D

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :evil:

All jokes aside, I would say setting up a system with no roomstat, all trv, and no bypass is asking for trouble.

That depends on the boilers internal controls. A Baxi 133HE can have TRVs on all rads.

I can see how a boiler could detect lack of flow, or absence rather, and use that to turn off. What I can’t see is how the boiler senses that the flow has to come back on.

Operate the pump

It may be legal, to use a solo with a timer and all trv-controlled, but I would be a lot more confident to keep my satisfied-customer-rate high using W-B CDI with roomstat. Methinks I will get a lot fewer calls to come and see why the system does not work.

The CDI was fine 5 years ago. It is outdated now, with poor control system.

Caught another one .
The regs dont ask for a roomstat they ask for a boiler interlock ,roomstat being the most common easiest way to achieve this.

A boiler with a flow switch will also achieve this and trvs can then be on every rad.

Bigburner
The worcester instructions are as clear as mud
Says no bypass req but doesnt mention auto bypass in boiler (prob controlled by the anti cycle feature in some way)
Also says trvs on every rad on change over with possible autobypas down stream
But on new system it says leave one off in room with room stat.

Nothing in the spec mentions flow switch on heating side.
Now that doesnt add up in my book

That sounds confusing. They have an auto by-pass in the combi? The specs don't mention that. There are no MI downloadable from their web site. Why? I don't know, as others give them. It will cost them nothing to put them up there.

This may mean a call to W-B. They only ask for problems by not laying all this out clearly. It may mean boilers are incorrectly fitted because of confusion and needless calls to their tech dept.

Modulating Pump.

If fitted to building regulations, and according to Worcester, the rad with NO TRV is used and along with a modulating pump/heat output it should be ok.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back