Wainscotting panneling advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am looking for advice on laying out my wainscotting panneling.

I’ve measured my staircase section on its own, divided it up like this, doing the hallway and landing in seperate sections to.

1.png

Then when I add on my landing section (just the size to fit that wall with 100mm spacing as the rest), it doesn’t line up perfect, only the top part lines up, not the bottom, Is this normal?

IMG_4849.jpeg

Or should I be dividing the whole wall, including landing and hallway, and splitting it up that way.

2.png

If that makes sense? So the panel would end up split following the shape of the stringer?

IMG_4849.jpeg

Thanks,

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
First photo you have 100mm spacing on landing but top of stairs you have taken it to top line , should be set back 100mm so top of stairs to landing will be 200mm spacing on the vertical lines.Same applies at base of stairs .
Blue line roughly 100mm back from top edge .

Attachments

• IMG_1900.jpeg
    IMG_1900.jpeg
    381.5 KB · Views: 15
Thanks, so even though I have 100mm spacing everywhere else, and between the panels going up the stairs, when it gets to the landing I should double it to 200mm?

Sponsored Links
Each area should have 100mm spacing , so where two areas meet there will be 200mm space , landing , stairs , internal or external corners etc .

Thanks got you!

So the 2nd option of dividing them up over the entire wall of hall, stairs, landing, and having sections that change in direction, like below, is that an incorrect way to do this?

IMG_4853.png

I’ve also seen it like this?

IMG_4846.jpeg

Sorry for all the questions. Just want to get it correct.

Thank you. So divide each section into how many panels I’d like with 100mm between each panel and then 200mm between each section

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back