Walk in shower reseal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, just a quick question. My walk in shower will be needing resealed soon and I'm wondering about the bit where the shower screen meets the metal wall profile.
When the shower was first installed the inside was fully sealed including the bottom of the profile, water was leaking to the outside corner as it couldn't drain back into the shower so I cut out the silicone from bottom of profile (see photo) which solved the issue.
As you can see I cut the silicone a bit short of the profile originally but wondering for when i reseal if I should seal right up to the start of the metal profile and not leave a gap? If I did would this not block the bottom of the vertical plastic water channel? (I'm guessing that's what that is - and is that it's purpose to drain water?)
Thanks

1000009186.jpg
1000009189.jpg

Sponsored Links
Just keep it the same as it is now, you know it is ok that way.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back