wall lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it in order to wire wall light with there own built in switch into the back of wall sockets

Sponsored Links
What are you on?????? Reread your post, it makes no sence :eek: :eek:

I think I can decipher this. He is asking "Is it Ok to wire a wall light with an integral switch directly into the socket circuit?"

If this is the question, then no.

You have to fuse the circuit down using a fused spur (FCU) ie feed the fused spur in an appropriately sized cable from the socket, assuming that socket is suitable to tap off from, then from the spur you can run a feed to the wall light(s). If you are using switched wall lights, the spur does not need to be switched, but if your wall lights are unswitched, you could use a switched spur to turn them on and off. OR you could feed the wall lights from an unswitched spur as mentioned and fit a local light switch to isolate them.

Use a 3A fuse in the spur either way.

Sponsored Links
My apologies, I can make sence of it now, but a little rewording would have made it alot clearer

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back