Washer Dryer filling with water part way through drying

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hotpoint (RD1076JDUKN)

Runs fine on all wash settings and spin / drain.

When I run a dry cycle on its own, or immediately following a wash, the clothes come out still wet (well more wet than after end of a wash cycle) and hot due to water being dumped in part way through wash.

The appliance has failed to dry effectively for some time but has now become much worse ie every dry cycle. The machine has been moved fairly recently but performed a drying cycle successfully on one occasion.

I've attempted resetting the machine by leaving without power for a while, ran a maintenance wash cycle (ie 90 c) and I totally removed drain pump for thorough cleaning but this has made no difference.

I've seen suggestions that replacing the water inlet may solve this but I don't fancy a game of parts bingo. I also saw a post with a similar issue which was relating to a gauze looking piece missing, I definitely do not have this part and it may have been lost during recent move.

Also considering clearing out condenser tank but this has recently been done (ie within the last 12 months).

Any assistance / suggestions much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Do you have a tap at the hose connection if so turn the water off there after the wash cycle then try a dry cycle alone. If it works ok like that then that would suggest the inlet solenoid is faulty. Does it spin properly at the end of the wash cycle?

Do you have a tap at the hose connection if so turn the water off there after the wash cycle then try a dry cycle alone. If it works ok like that then that would suggest the inlet solenoid is faulty. Does it spin properly at the end of the wash cycle?
It spins properly on all cycles.

There is a tap connection which is easy to switch off. It's a condenser dryer, should it be ran dry?

I would think it only condences the water vapour from the drying wet washing and should not need to have a water supply.

Sponsored Links
Please show us a pic of the drain hose from the machine. Its entire route, including its connection to the drain.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back