Washer for female thread to basin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Could you guys help me to identify what type of washer I need for this part. The flexis for hot and cold connect to the sides and the bit at the top connects onto the basin tap but the top bit leaks. I figure I need some sort of washer in there as it is just metal to metal. Internal diameter is about 16.5mm.

Attachments

• IMG_1001.jpeg
    IMG_1001.jpeg
    347.4 KB · Views: 39
Sponsored Links
Take it along to your local indy and make their fortune spending 20 mins rummaging through their assorted washer kits.

Like everyone does at mine, while I'm waiting to pick up £200 worth of fittings.

;)

If you mean the two arms of the tee connect to your flexis and it is the threaded female connecter that you want to seal, then you could try PTFE tape wrapped around the male threaded part before you screw the female bit onto it.
Alternatively you could try a fibre washer instead of a rubber one - you can get these in a pack of assorted sizes and just pick out one that will fit.

Sponsored Links
If the bottom of the hole is flat (hard to tell from the pic) then a fibre washer should do the job. If not, then an O-ring might be better.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back