Water sitting on concrete base for shed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone.

I know this is a shoddy job!

Basically, either the mixture was wrong and it caved in a bit, or the levels were wrong in the first place. Its not getting any worse, so its definitely fully set now.

Water is sitting on there everytime it rains.

This is supposed to be a shed base.

Question - do I need to worry about the sitting water for the shed? If Yes, any easy fixes? I am going to try and hammer in a bit more of an angle into the concrete slabs. I was also thinking of laying down some treated wood planks and sit the shed on top, in order to ensure the shed is sat above the water.

Just after some advice. Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    625.1 KB · Views: 37
Sponsored Links
Sheds should really sit on a base that is very slightly smaller then the shed so water doesn’t run over the slab

If it was me, I would raise the shed and floor up a bit, say and sit it on some form of plastic trim….like a window trim say 20mm thick

You can sit the shed floor on some bricks or blocks on their sides, where they're out of level a simple spacer beneath the bricks can be used.

Sponsored Links
I would go with the polythene spacers to lift the timber off. Alternatively, if you cut some shallow grooves with an angle grinder, it will allow the water to drain away.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back