We Will Dance Again

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The BBC has been accused of bias with regard to their coverage of the Israel Hamas war. The Telegraph is paywalled so I'll put the JP link up.

The report referred to presented an analysis of the BBC’s news coverage during a four-month period beginning Oct. 7, 2023 – the day Hamas terrorists burst into Israel and carried out their brutal massacre of some 1,200 people, taking another 251 into Gaza as hostages.

A team of around 20 lawyers and 20 data scientists had contributed to the research, which used artificial intelligence to analyze nine million words of BBC output.
Researchers identified a total of 1,553 breaches of the BBC’s editorial guidelines, which demand impartiality, accuracy, and adherence to editorial values and the public interest.

“The findings,” said the report, “reveal a deeply worrying pattern of bias and multiple breaches by the BBC of its own editorial guidelines.”

It also found that the BBC repeatedly downplayed Hamas terrorism, while presenting Israel as a militaristic and aggressive nation, and that some journalists used by the BBC in its coverage of the Israel-Gaza conflict had previously shown sympathy for Hamas and even celebrated its acts of terrorism.

The report bears the name of Trevor Asserson, a British-born lawyer. Founder and senior partner of an international law firm, he now runs the Israeli arm of the firm from Tel Aviv.

As if by way of response to these accusations, the BBC has bravely commissioned the documentary on the Nova music festival atrocity, to be aired this coming Thursday 26/9/24.

WATCH IT IF YOU DARE.

Be warned though, it will make for extremely unpleasant viewing. Well done BBC, better late than never.

Sponsored Links
The BBC has been accused of bias with regard to their coverage of the Israel Hamas war. The Telegraph is paywalled so I'll put the JP link up.

The report referred to presented an analysis of the BBC’s news coverage during a four-month period beginning Oct. 7, 2023 – the day Hamas terrorists burst into Israel and carried out their brutal massacre of some 1,200 people, taking another 251 into Gaza as hostages.

A team of around 20 lawyers and 20 data scientists had contributed to the research, which used artificial intelligence to analyze nine million words of BBC output.
Researchers identified a total of 1,553 breaches of the BBC’s editorial guidelines, which demand impartiality, accuracy, and adherence to editorial values and the public interest.

“The findings,” said the report, “reveal a deeply worrying pattern of bias and multiple breaches by the BBC of its own editorial guidelines.”

It also found that the BBC repeatedly downplayed Hamas terrorism, while presenting Israel as a militaristic and aggressive nation, and that some journalists used by the BBC in its coverage of the Israel-Gaza conflict had previously shown sympathy for Hamas and even celebrated its acts of terrorism.

The report bears the name of Trevor Asserson, a British-born lawyer. Founder and senior partner of an international law firm, he now runs the Israeli arm of the firm from Tel Aviv.

As if by way of response to these accusations, the BBC has bravely commissioned the documentary on the Nova music festival atrocity, to be aired this coming Thursday 26/9/24.

WATCH IT IF YOU DARE.

Be warned though, it will make for extremely unpleasant viewing. Well done BBC, better late than never.
The first casualty of war is...?

And Israel has ensured that journalists are unable to operate, without severe risk in Gaza and West Bank.

Who is Israel's minister of propaganda? :rolleyes:
The Jerusalem Post

Let us also remember that Israel thinks the UN is biased and anti-Semitic. :rolleyes:

WATCH IT IF YOU DARE.

Accused, lol.

Sponsored Links
They have reported in person concerning the initial Hamas raid however only in a supervised way and no wondering around. Much the same for all "official" news services. They have also had what looked to be their own around in the West Bank.

Gaza - they verify what they can. I have been interested in the current school attacks due to scenes of the damage.

I have seen footage of the Dance aspect and related. I don't think I saw it on BBC maybe on C4 definitely on AlJ. AlJ's Hamas attack coverage was very extensive. Lots of aspects not mentioned by any others including interviews of survivors who wondered about the wisdom of the location of the dance.

They have reported in person concerning the initial Hamas raid however only in a supervised way and no wondering around. Much the same for all "official" news services. They have also had what looked to be their own around in the West Bank.

Gaza - they verify what they can. I have been interested in the current school attacks due to scenes of the damage.

I have seen footage of the Dance aspect and related. I don't think I saw it on BBC maybe on C4 definitely on AlJ. AlJ's Hamas attack coverage was very extensive. Lots of aspects not mentioned by any others including interviews of survivors who wondered about the wisdom of the location of the dance.

I've not seen it other than a brief clip.

I've not seen it other than a brief clip.
You might be disappointed by the lack of gore if it's the usual clip that isn't that long.
Their posting
The 90-minute documentary will air on BBC Two and iPlayer on Thursday 26 September at 9pm. The human cost of the violence in Israel that day, and the war that has followed in Gaza has been catastrophic.

That breaks their usual schedule but I don't watch BBC late night news which I think did come on at10pm. It also suggests they will cover the lot including the war.

:) A problem with you and some others is the jew hater aspect if anyone criticises what the Israel State is doing. None support what Hamas did to bring this on. I don't but feel the situation was such that something was bound to happen at some point. An ex mosad man also pointed something else out. Israel has fallen into Hamas's trap and they are loosing the war of words. They haven't been able to shut off the news coming out of Gaza but do appear to have done that in Rafar.

I don't feel inclined to take much notice of the spectacular report generate by IT especially given the source. Good luck to them proving it.

I'm surprised it's taken so long for this story to be posted on here. Wasn't it out a couple of weeks ago?

Jeez was that nearly a year ago. How the world has changed.
That's about as long as Benjamin reckoned the war would take to achieve an end to Hamas wiping out as many as they could hopefully all. Not entirely successful so bombing continues. It's not just Hamas. There are several factions. Even ISIS gets a mention.

I'm surprised it's taken so long for this story to be posted on here. Wasn't it out a couple of weeks ago?
Seems they announced it on the 10th, It would take sone time to generate the doc.

The attack footage must have been taken by a terrorist group, Some of the other aspects as well. Have to wait and see what will be shown. I've seen little mention of the party organisers telling all to go home once the rocket attacks started. AlJ managed to get some footage and interview some Israeli on this phase which didn't go well.

The attack footage must have been taken by a terrorist group,

Body cams, go pro's used by the terrorists, plus dash cam, cctv and mobile phone footage from the other side.
You might be disappointed by the lack of gore if it's the usual clip that isn't that long.
Their posting

I almost don't want to watch it in some ways, I've read enough reports on what happened. But I will, in case you have questions on Friday.

I probably will watch it but I don't expect any new revelations. More down to curiosity. :) My wife will have an extended period of catch up on her Ipad. We usually watch a film at 9pm

WATCH IT IF YOU DARE.

sadly I inadvertently stumbled on some of the videos on the evening of the attack showing very graphically what hamas had done - I don't think I will ever get those images out of my head. And that is very likely the reason I have been so much on the side of Israel.
Along with abuse I received from palastinian protesters at waverly station in edinburgh when I didn't cheer and clap after i was told to do so

And yes, I feel the BBC are a biased left leaning organisation, and I wish I was not compelled to fund them with the compulsory licence fee.

Sponsored Links
Back