Weatherproof socket with a timer ????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not having much luck here !

Can you get a weatherproof socket with a timer ?

Sponsored Links
not as far as i know, but nothing says you cant put a timer in a weather proof box.

what are you going to put on the timer?

My upright swimming pool and want to use the pump/filter 2 hrs in morning and evening.

If I put a timer & plug in the weather proof socket, I would have thought it's not waterproof with the flap door open etc ?

mk commando combi units look feasible provided blue CEE industrial outputs are ok for your application

see this

remove the rcd and replace it with a sentry timeswitch unit

Sponsored Links
masona said:
My upright swimming pool and want to use the pump/filter 2 hrs in morning and evening.

If I put a timer & plug in the weather proof socket, I would have thought it's not waterproof with the flap door open etc ?

it wont be, but thats not what i said, you could have a wether proof box with the timer in it. such as
GWBX974.jpg

from our friends at tlc

masona said:

Masona, do you want to use the timewr in your plant room?

I have one of these waterproof heavy duty cupboard in the garden where my waterproof electric pump/filter which is inside the cupboard with the waterproof socket. I now want to use a timer to operate the pump, that why I ask if they do a waterproof socket with a timer. I can put in a timer adaptor into the socket but won't be waterproof specially if the hose come off or split, the pump water will be spraying inside.
cyclone.jpg

also of note is that the sentry range includes outdoor boxes which you could mount next to the socket with a timer module in

lots of possibilitys

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back