What are these things called?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Imagine a cupboard door, hinged along the upper edge, which means if you go into it - have to prop it up, somehow. I seem to remember a bracket, with on first being lifted, would prop the door, then when next `the next lift, would release. What these called please?

Before gas struts, some car bonnets had a similar stay bracket..

Sponsored Links
Top opening cabinet stay?

Sponsored Links
Harry, I'm surprised at you.

You mean you don't have some in a corner somewhere? I do, I have had them for about 20 years.
One day I'll find a use for them :)

Harry, I'm surprised at you.

You mean you don't have some in a corner somewhere? I do, I have had them for about 20 years.
One day I'll find a use for them :)

Nope, never thought I needed them. They are for the wardrobe top cupboards, I built long ago. For years, I've made do with a length of chrome tube, to prop the doors, on the very rare occasions when we need to go in. The first one stores Christmas bits and pieces, middle, travel luggage, the right one, a full set of spare appliances - toasters, kettles, coffee machines etc..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back