What colour to stain freshly sanded pine floor - Old Pine or

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone! I'm doing a load of redecoration and restoration of our staircase and dining room. Been doing so for some months, slowly and meticulously!

I have some corners to sand still and need to buy a detail sander for those buy while I have chance, I need your opinions on what stain to go for on the floor.

I've already bought the varnish. Bona Mega Extra Matt. I've used the matt version before on my sanded floor upstairs and could have gone for the penetrating finishes but I want endurance and... well its bought and delivered so that choice is made.

Where I need help is the stain. Currently the pine is fresh like its from a wood shop tongue and groove with all gaps filled with Lecol and saw dust + wood slivers (took bl***y ages). Do I go for the colour of an old pine door, or white wash it, like i've already done the rustic fireplace, to completely go the fully 'shabby chic' hog? Some photos to help give you an idea to come.

Also I have a blog at http://meanderingsoul.co.uk if anyone's interested.

Thanks for your time.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back