What is this material called please!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm replacing a cupboard door - what is this material called please?
20240619_091050.jpg
? I can't find it anywhere - it's V- Groove MDF panelling, I'm guessing, c. 18/19mm thick. Nothing online seems to match! Any idea where I can order it? Sheet is c.510mm by 1810mm thanks!

Sponsored Links
Difficult to tell but you can copy it/reproduce it. Buy an 8x4 sheet of MR MDF of suitable thickness and cut down to size, or get a timber merchants to do it for you. Unless you are completely sure of the precise dimensions probably best to oversize it slightly and do final preparation "on site" You can glue and pin the wooden strips, then paint it all.

Difficult to tell but you can copy it/reproduce it. Buy an 8x4 sheet of MR MDF of suitable thickness and cut down to size, or get a timber merchants to do it for you. Unless you are completely sure of the precise dimensions probably best to oversize it slightly and do final preparation "on site" You can glue and pin the wooden strips, then paint it all.
Thanks - The strips are cut-outs, V Grooves, not something I can add on.

Sponsored Links
Cut the V-grooves with a router?
I don't have one and don't have the cash! Surely these panels were purchased as they are? It's weird I cannot find these in right size. I thought I was just searching for the wrong name! thanks

i dont think there is a special name
I found this

which shows just a v-groove

This is expensive - but is painted
cant see the exact crosssection to see if V grove
as with wickes a lot of places seem to do Vgroove , but the provile is not a V - its like the wickes one

Thanks all. Very frustrating, thought it would be a simple product to source!

doesn't look like a simple product to source - But the link i provided does seem to have the V-Grove, they seem to deliver
although not cheap , may work out cheaper then buying a router and vcutter and guides to do your self

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back