What screws fit these anchors?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have this packet of anchors that I'd like to use for hanging a towel rail but the included screws are missing. The packet helpfully only says they are included. What kind should I buy to replace them?

Attachments

• 17262313986008122271108160782892.jpg
    17262313986008122271108160782892.jpg
    203.8 KB · Views: 34
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I have this packet of anchors that I'd like to use for hanging a towel rail but the included screws are missing. The packet helpfully only says they are included. What kind should I buy to replace them?
Correct size wood screw will work, unlikely those supplied in the packet would suit your use.

Use umbrella fixings (hollow wall anchors), they will cope better with the forces on a towel rail

Use umbrella fixings (hollow wall anchors), they will cope better with the forces on a towel rail

The space inside the wall is too small for those. It's one of those weird 1950s cardboard partitions and it's narrower than a modern stud wall. The wings are too long.

I found a forgotten packet of Fischer duo plugs and used those instead.

Zip Fix might have been better.

They are like spring toggles but the screw can be removed and reinserted if required.

I often use those Interset umbrella) fittings but recently had a job where they started to fail under load... I had not realised that the walls were double skin plasterboard. They were too thick for my fittings to work properly, so I slightly enlarged the holes and used the Zip-Fix fittings. It wasn't plain sailing though, the rockwool in the wall made it difficult for the toggle part to drop down. I spent ages using a long screwdriver to push the rockwool out of the way.

FWIW they do make interset fixings for double skinned walls. Mine were only suitable for single skins

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back