What to use to fill gaps in wooden garden bar roof, please?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

I've just put together a garden bar for the backgarden. Some slight gaps in the roof ship lap leading to light leaking, so I naturally thought silicone. However, after googling and going down the rabbit hole of what to use, I'm now more confused than ever.

Can you advise on what would be the best filler/putty/silicone to use, please?

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
what do you mean shiplap leading to the roof ??
is it correctly verical or at a say 30 degree or less angle so need a felt or rubber roofing layer

Hi.

I've just put together a garden bar for the backgarden. Some slight gaps in the roof ship lap leading to light leaking, so I naturally thought silicone. However, after googling and going down the rabbit hole of what to use, I'm now more confused than ever.

Can you advise on what would be the best filler/putty/silicone to use, please?

Thank you.
Shiplap is totally suit for a roof.

Thanks both. It's shiplap over two panels. As the wood between the panels isn't spot on, this leaves a slight gap. The shiplap itself should be fine, more the mid gap that needs filling, please.

Sponsored Links
If there's gaps then they weren't "lapped" enough, presumably?
A picture might help.

In the absence of a photo momentarily, there are two square frames, separately covered with shiplap board. The frames are screwed together, leaving a slight gap between each. I intend to paint it with Ducksback, but want to fill the gap first.

In the absence of a photo momentarily, there are two square frames, separately covered with shiplap board. The frames are screwed together, leaving a slight gap between each. I intend to paint it with Ducksback, but want to fill the gap first.
You mention shiplap over panels and over frames? which is it.

If you don't explain your issue properly then nobody can help. It's no doubt clear as daylight in your mind but unfortunately we can't see it and we're not psychic.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back