Where to buy a "quiet" ceiling fan light ???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks.

I'm wanting to replace my current ceiling fan light with one that runs a lot quieter. I got mine originally from homebase for about £30 at the time, so assume its probably not best quality, hence why its got a noisy humming noise when in operation.

Are there any online stores that sell ceiling fan lights. Can anyone recommend a particular model (looking for something modern in design in either white or light oak (or similar wood)

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
http://www.hunterfan.com/ are pretty good.

Your noise may be because the fan is not adequately supported. Try mounting it on a very thick chunk of wood, properly screwed to the joists. The problem may just be that the ceiling plasterboard is acting like a drum and magnifying the noise.

I've fitted a few Hunter fans and they're very good. However you can get pretty quiet and reliable ones from B&Q for much less money. As TTC says, you need to install them right and ensure they're balanced nicely. I wouldn't buy anything from Homebase.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back