Which door strip for mat/laminate?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I’m looking to replace threshold/door strip between mat and laminate with one where the screws are not visible. Bit confused with the various options available, could anyone advise? Thanks!
IMG_2920.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Yes those aluminium screwed ones look horrible, do they not. If you google "threshold strip without screws" you should be able to find many types which either have self-adhesive strips underneath to stick directly to the subfloor or come in two parts, the lower being screwed or stuck to the subfloor and having a channel on top into which the upper visible part is simply pressed.

Probably not directly relevant to your current issue, but I have just fitted some engineered oak flooring in a room with an oak threshold strip which I somehow (even with my crap woodworking skills) managed to cut to a size that just fits nicely and needs no fixings of any sort (see pic). I dare say it may come a bit loose when the weather gets colder but it's ok for now. You might perhaps be able to do something similar with two grey-painted stripwood lengths, depending on how rigid the matting is.

Attachments

• IMG_20240707_171619.jpg
    IMG_20240707_171619.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 23

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back