? Which graphics card. If any.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am an oldie surfer, I have a basic Palicomp desktop pc running windows 10, bought in 2016 for about £260 odd I believe. It cannot update to Windows 11. I only do basic stuff on this and a Fire tablet. I was thinking of getting the Palicomp AMD Cobra which Computer Active magazine recommends with Windows 11 for £400 It, like my current one has integrated graphics. Now I like to go on maps to archaeology sites, trouble is when I zoom in it gets blurry. My question is if I opted for a separate graphics card would that enable me to get a clearer view close up? If that is so which one would I go for, on Palicomp's website there is a bewildering choice of them as options and I haven't a clue what I would need. I don't do gaming or any fancy photo stuff. I could ask Palicomp of course but they may try and sell me one that I don't really need. This is assuming of course that a separate graphics card will solve my problem.

Sponsored Links
if I opted for a separate graphics card would that enable me to get a clearer view close up?
Not necessarily. It all depends on the pixel density of the original map images. The GPU can't create detail which isn't there to start with.

Sponsored Links
Back