Which Shower Screen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any recommended bath shower screens please?

Standard bath
Spare bathroom. Quite rare that it will get used

I am thinking something like this with a fixed panel attached to the wall.
£100-£200 price range but willing to stretch a bit for anything recommended.

Are fixed or sliding better?

Sponsored Links
What one aims at, is to stop or reduce the chimney effect. This is a problem with showers in a bath, as no seal at the bottom. I in last house used a set from B&Q two half height doors, which clipped together, no chance of water spraying on the floor, also fitted special bath so a bit more room, but using it, the chimney effect filled the bathroom with moisture.

Opening a window does not really get rid of it, just cools the room so it condenses, an extractor above the shower so it does not go into the room, seems good in theory, but it draws replacement air from the rest of the house, so also need a vent in the door for replacement air.

Mother's house was a wet room, no shower screens, and no mould problem, this house stand-alone shower cubical, no gap at bottom, also no mould problem, both never used the extractor fan. But last house, with a shower in the bath, mould was a problem.

In the last house, it took so long to fill a bath, we had an instant gas water heater I think 18 kW, so the bath never really used, this house, two independent electric showers, and two baths, bottom bath has my wife's e-bike in it, short of safe space to store it, and top bath think in last 5 years used around 3 times.

Again, in summer to run a bath we need to turn the oil boiler on first, as the immersion heater only heats the top 9" of water in the cistern. So need at least 2 hours warning. The immersion works great to give handwashing water, from the solar panels, but no good for a bath.

Which raises the question, why have a bath? When the children were young, we bathed them in the sink, so even that no excuse for having a bath.

Can't remember the last time I had a bath (just ask my pet flies).
But you know, 3 bed semi in suburbia MUST have a bath. We always use the shower in the en-suite.
Been here 20+ years and no intention of moving any time soon.
Danish niece and nephew (under 10) had a dip when they were over last summer. Novelty as baths very rare in DK.

Bath fed from a hot water tank in the loft.
Reasonable flow but a long long way from a power shower so not too much steam generated.

As in most things... You get what you pay for. Buy a branded screen and you'll always be able to get spares for it.

Merlyn or April shower screens.
There are others.
Stuff from VP tends to be unbranded and they import a container load and when they're gone they're gone!

Sponsored Links
As in most things... You get what you pay for. Buy a branded screen and you'll always be able to get spares for it.

Merlyn or April shower screens.
There are others.
Stuff from VP tends to be unbranded and they import a container load and when they're gone they're gone!

Thank You :)
Merlyn seem to have some reasonably priced screens.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back