Will my Friends Website Work !

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My friend has set up a website selling handmade door and window furniture. I think the products are meant for people carrying out restoration work, barn conversions etc. She isn't too sure if it will work or not, I think it could be a success. Whats your opinion, would you buy the products.

Sponsored Links
hmmmmmm 1 post newbie

i think it could be an advert. :rolleyes: ...... i dont like adverts on forums so i'll refrain from clicking.......thankyousoverymuch

Only if I wanted some nails to crucify you for ABUSING this website...shame on you,and her :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sorry to if I have caused offence, but it actually was a honest question.

If I was advertising a website why would I do it in a forum ?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

If it makes you happy I will take the link off

Sponsored Links
janedav82 said:
Sorry to if I have caused offence, but it actually was a honest question.

If I was advertising a website why would I do it in a forum ?

you would be surprised the amount of unsolicited adverts that appear on forums... And all by people with 1 post....

you seem genuine enough but it is classed as rude to come along with no 'history' and start directing people to websites.... especially retailing websites...

It will depend on how she markets it. Relying even on a well written site to get you lots of business just through search engine traffic is likely to take a long time if at all. If it's not well written then she'll probably get next to no traffic as most of the search terms she is aiming at will be well catered for by other bigger more established people.

She needs to think about finding some restoration / self build sites and seeing what they can offer in terms of links etc. Also she might consider PPC (pay per click) advertising - it all depends on her ambition and budget.

Hope that helps.

janedav82 said:
. Whats your opinion, would you buy the products.

It is down to marketing / search engine listing as to will it work or not.
I say try it and see, but dont ask on a diy forum about will a website work, how do we know if it will work or not?

people often try and advertise on here, think about it, its free to join etc. but blatant advertising is not allowed, here is an examople, as you can see the mods remove such posts

How about a free sample, some of those pointy hinges looked quite nice. ;) :D

Psst ..check my website is like a red rag to a dodering bull like me ..

hmmm
glad you deleted as I would of sent it to be really checked .. teehee ..by the loony tunes ;)

Sponsored Links
Back