Will this heating system work?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Renovation of an alpine holiday house which will have a high peak load, worst case could be 10x shwrs in one hour. Because it is also seasonal I want to minimse the storage size so am considering supplying hot water direct to the indirect tanks (300&100lt) to minimise reheat time. The electric (3kW&1kW) is to be backup only. The link below shows a schematic (ignore the symbols as I am years out of practice and have forgotten almost everything).
Water is currently off so I have assumed mains pressure to be less than 3bar and that the HW pump will be set at 3bar. Boiler is 3bar and 10.5 l/min on HW circuit. Boiler is Deville Propane 23.3kW. Demand will be 9-13kW for peak heating leaving theoretical 10kW for HW. If it is more than 3bar then will look at reducing or reverting to conventional cold feed to storage tanks.
Any advice on likely success/pipe sizing/flow&pressure controls?
All will be set up at midway of 2 floor levels and in one small group. 3shwrs in main house and 1 shwr in attached apartment. If someone runs a bath...?!

http://www.moulindelaperrette.com/heatingsystem.htm

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
The webserver is looking in the wrong place for the picture...... I bet it works great on your "Local" machine....... Its looking for the image source here

file:///C|/Documents%20and%20Settings/Jane%20Williams/My%20Documents/St%20Gervais/Boiler/heating%20schematic%20Model%20(1).jpg

Sort that line out :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back