Window in a single block wall shed plan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've been thinking about how to fit a window and door in a shed wall and I just wanted to check if the following plan sounds reasonable.

I'm building a single skin (100mm) block front wall to my shed which will have a doorway and a window in it. The front wall void is 3000 wide and I have been donated a window measuring 1490 wide. The plan is:

225 pier - 1490 window - 225 pier - doorway - 225 pier

The piers at each end will also be mortared to existing prefabricated 35mm thick concrete walls. The wall under the window (3 courses) will be mostly single skin. The door will be homemade out of timber, effectively a barn door, so quite light and will be hinged on the end pier. The were will be a wooden beam spanning full width above window and door, this will not be load bearing, but metal roof sheets will attach to it.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back