Window latch not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The window latch stopped locking the window. It is very loose now. What can I do on this style pvc window latches

Attachments

• 17202668998628879830121628985027.jpg
    17202668998628879830121628985027.jpg
    301 KB · Views: 41
Sponsored Links
Either the handle spindle is worn or window latch failed . Remove both and inspect , only a few screws and both easily replaced .

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your response. I tried to move those caps, there is almost no space to put anything in to do lever action. Only a tiny razor blade is able to enter that area. Is there a trick to remove these caps

Thanks for your response. I tried to move those caps, there is almost no space to put anything in to do lever action. Only a tiny razor blade is able to enter that area. Is there a trick to remove these caps
Small flat screw driver , if you are replacing you can use a hammer to punch hole in Centre to remove as new handles come with replacement caps.

Thanks yes OK got it done with wb40 and hammer. I turned the handle spindle 90degrees and places it back tightly now it is good. I need to buy new caps now. Any advice where to check

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back