Wireless thermostat choice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would like to fit, if possible, a wireless room thermostat to my 1999 Worcester 12/14 oil boiler.
At present, there are only TRV's on the rads, and the stat would be about 10m from the boiler with one wall to go through.
As far as I remember, there is a wire link within the boiler programmer where a 2 wire 'stat can be placed, once the link is removed.
However, I have no knowledge or experience of these things at all - never even seen one.
Can anyone recommend one of these, or give me any tips? I'm after reliability and simplicity and price isn't an issue.
Thanks and good evening, everyone.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Honeywell do the DT92e (I think). It's a simple stat, not programmable but has a feature where you can separately set 1 to 24 hr at a one off temp eg. if you're away overnight. Otherwise the new Drayton one with the handwheel control is ok. You'll need permanent L/N for each as well as your switch wires from the control base to the boiler wiring block.

Thanks mate I understand what you say - but does the transmitter need its own mains supply, and is this the norm irrespective of which make I buy?
Presumably the internal batteries are for memory retention?
The Horstmann HRFS1 seems to get a reasonable write up.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Receivers need PL supply. Batteries are in remote sensor unit which sends RF signal but unlike wired versions switching is done in the receiver box not in the stat itself.

PS. Other than their Centaur programmers, I wouldn't use Horstmann controls.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back