Wiring Colour Labels.

K

kai

Does the Yellow "Dual Colour System Wiring" Caution Label have to be stuck to the consumer unit itself, or can it be stuck on the wall near the CU?

I have stuck my label on the CU itself, but it rather looks untidy. furthermore I stuck another one inside the external meter cupboard, so that the meter reader will easily see that I have installed new wiring etc.

Sponsored Links
514-14-01 said:
If wiring alterations or additions are made to an installation such that some of the wiring complies with Regulation 514-04 but there is also wiring to previous versions of these Regulations, a warning notice shall be affixed at or near the appropriate disutrubution board....

so that the meter reader will easily see that I have installed new wiring etc.

I don't think he/she would care.

I stick mine on the board near the CU. If the sticker were on the CU and it were changed, then you'd lose the sticker.

kai said:
I have stuck my label on the CU itself, but it rather looks untidy.
Untidy?

Blimey - that will never do...

immersionswitchnew2.jpg

earthot1.jpg

;) :) :D :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Heheee.. ;) :D

What the bloody hell is going on in that last picture?! :eek:

The pipes don't seem to be rubbed down with steel wire, and I think 6 clamps is a little excessive!

On the first one, the flex appears burned? Bad marking, and the flex has been clipped in front of the faceplate.

ryanj said:
The pipes don't seem to be rubbed down with steel wire
Apparently, in his unceasing quest for ever more neatness, kai masks off all of the pipes except the bands where the clamps go before he rubs them down...

I can make out:-

IMPORTANT NOTICE

All Earthings clamps...
Must be oiled lightly...
to prevent corrosion...

I hope there are words in between. :eek:

Whose install is this?????? [in an incredulous voice]

The Pipes WERE rubbed clean before installing clamps- it's just that the exposed surface must have oxidised in the past four years since the original instalation was done!

Yes - the clamps were lightly coated with WD40 to help keep corrosion at bay - the header tank in the packaged unit does leak a little bit from time to time!

ryanj said:
Heheee.. ;) :D

What the b****y hell is going on in that last picture?! :eek:

The pipes don't seem to be rubbed down with steel wire, and I think 6 clamps is a little excessive!

On the first one, the flex appears burned? Bad marking, and the flex has been clipped in front of the faceplate.

The flex is just a bit dirty - six clamps and TWO runs of 10mm cable to the fusebox - (3 clamps for each one) - first run for the bottom heater and second run for the day heater does no harm!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I've got a box of earth clamps here and the body and screw are stainless steel with the strap being aluminium.

Aluminium CAN corrode if in contact with Copper, due to electrolytic action, the thin WD40 coating will help keep it in good condition.

Is your bathroom supplementary bonding and your main equipotential bonding upto these vigorous standards??

I see bonding unnecessary in an airing cupboard if all other bonding is done as described in BS7671 in any special locations.

Why 10mm in your airing cupboard? Are you supp or main bonding here?? TWO runs?? More than a little OTT in hindsight??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back