Wiring for a shower pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If I'm fitting a shower pump in an airing cupboard next to a hot water tank, is it a case of just taking a spur off the nearest supply? I've got the central heating pump in there as well, so could I come off the wirng for that?

Sponsored Links
I assume you mean you are having a shower installed.

You need to look at the instructions and see what power requirements it has.

What sort of shower is it? What is it rated? 8.5kw? 9.5kW? If it is a power shower, then you need a dedicated (radial) power supply from the consumer unit, with thicker cable and a higher rated fuse. And what is your fuse before the consumer unit rated at?

So some more details would be useful.

It should be taken from a switched, fused spur on a ring main outside the bathroom. Use a 5 amp fuse.

Sponsored Links
Sorry, not enough detail. I'm fitting a gravity feed shower with a booster pump. The pump is going in the airing cupboard next to the boiler. The wiring seems pretty straightforward, but I'm wondering where to take the spur from.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back