Wiring for hive

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
4A8DEF6C-AFAA-4959-9F44-6E2A7716C2D9.jpeg
59570903-96F3-4FE4-8C3B-1AC6083FDB6E.jpeg
74AB808C-D5AF-401D-8353-B09276BF1F9C.png
Hi all new to the forum so please be patient. I have a ideal logic+ combi 24 boiler and want to install a hive. In picture 1 is the wiring from my boiler. Picture 2 is the wiring from the the thermostat on the way and the mains. I know I will lose the thermostat wiring and from the spur brown goes into permanent live and blue into permanent neutral. And from the boiler blue in to common and brown into 3 heating on. But not a clue where to put the grey and the black and any other help would be appreciated. If all that’s incorrect I apologise.

Sponsored Links
I don't know what electrical connection you are showing in your photograph, But the wiring terminals to the boiler for an Ideal Logic + Combi should look like this.

Capture.JPG

In your case the existing thermostat cable should also be connected into these terminals. This is no longer required, disconnected completely and removed.

The N & L 230V mains supply for the Hive is connected into the N & L above, along with the existing wires providing the 230V supply from the 3A fused spur.

The link shown on the right, in the terminals marked 'Room Stat Timer' (or any wires in those terminals from an existing thermostat) is / are removed. Then the end terminal shown on the far right connects to the Hive terminal (3) 'Heating On' and the terminal next to it, connects to Hive (1) 'Common'

If for your boiler, you have to open up a room sealed enclosure to access the boiler wiring terminals this should be carried out by a Gas Safe engineer who will make sure that it is sealed up again properly afterwards.

As an alternative, it may be possible to connect Hive to the wires that go to your existing thermostat, provided that it has a 230V supply. (Some thermostats do, some don't)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back