Worcester 24i No pilot flame............HELP!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
please help!, not been able to get the central henting on all night and now the rooms are freezing!. problem is the pilot light wont come on,for some reason it only comes on when i turn the hot water tap on , where as before it would stay on constantly. any ideas? thx

Sponsored Links
Worcester 24i does not have a pilot light. I think you mean the main burners don't come on. You need to give a lot more detail for us to suggest a cause.

sorry yes the main burners wont come on except for when i turn on the hot water taps, as soon as i turn off the taps burner goes off again, but the pump/boiler still stays on, water pressure is set at 2bar.
i've tried switching the boiler off at the mains for a few minutes but still no luck:(

Sponsored Links
bones001 said:
turn ya room stat up

where is this located on the boiler? it says on the back of the boiler cover
to turn the room stat to maximum if it's fitted, but i'm not sure if we have this fitted?

it will be fitted on your wall in your hall/living room if you have one.

yep we have one but it's just on/off or auto timer settings/clock,on all day/off all day, theres no low or maximum temp settings.
it's an old one that was used for the old boiler before we replaced it with the worcester 24i

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back