Worcester Boiler Issue - No Central Heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I am trying to help a friend out with a Boiler Issue. We don't know the model number of the Boiler however I have attached images. There is hot water but the heating has not worked since May and multiple engineers have not been able to resolve the issue. If anyone has any ideas no matter how miniscule, I would be so grateful. I will also include an image of the Thermostat.

The boiler doesn't have any dials on the actual boiler so it's really difficult to understand what is going on.

Attachments

• IMG-20240926-WA0014.jpg
    IMG-20240926-WA0014.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG-20240926-WA0013.jpg
    IMG-20240926-WA0013.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG-20240926-WA0015.jpg
    IMG-20240926-WA0015.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG-20240926-WA0016.jpg
    IMG-20240926-WA0016.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 50
Sponsored Links
From the photos, the only wiring around the boiler appears to be for power and a Mainslink-pro.
This is only guesswork, but suggests that the switched live to the boiler may be provided by the mainslink unit.
As the hot water is working, that implies that the boiler side of things is working correctly - the mains link is receiving an RF signal to turn on the boiler, and the boiler is responding.
So, where is the other Mainslink unit? Is there a separate hot water tank, are there valves and a wiring centre with it?

Secondly, the Digistat SCR receiver is powered off - this was common wiring with old manual stats; they would not receive power until the programmers time slot was running.
This is not great for a wireless stat - it means the receiver has to power on and the RF link has to be reinitiated every time the time slot comes around.
It is far better to supply a permanent live to the receiver (maintaining the RF connection) and connect the switched live back to the programmer/wiring centre.

Hi thank you for replying to me. I am attaching the other pictures now.

Attachments

• IMG-20240927-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20240927-WA0005.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG-20240927-WA0006.jpg
    IMG-20240927-WA0006.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG-20240927-WA0007.jpg
    IMG-20240927-WA0007.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 8
Sponsored Links
Hello, the Digistat receiver over ride isn't working.
As I said earlier...
the Digistat SCR receiver is powered off - this was common wiring with old manual stats; they would not receive power until the programmers time slot was running.
With the override running on the Honeywell home, or the timer set to 'Cont'inuous, does the Digistat receiver power up?
If it then does power up, and you press override on the receiver, does the heating come on?

As I said earlier...

With the override running on the Honeywell home, or the timer set to 'Cont'inuous, does the Digistat receiver power up?
If it then does power up, and you press override on the receiver, does the heating come on?
Hi thank you so much. It is back on!!!

I appreciate your help so much and also your feedback regarding the RF connection because we were truly clueless. Thank you again!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back