worcester Bosch boiller

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My combi boiler pump is working because because i can hear it when i listen to it, but my radiators are not heating up. The boiler kicks in when it should do, but then turns off as the pump isnt pumping around the system. Any ideas whaat is wrong.

I bled all the rads and all air free...........

Sponsored Links
whats the pressure at after your bleeding

dont assume noise means the pump is running

Pressure back at 2 on the front of the boiler bacause I also bled the whole system due to the pressure dropping. Have hot water, but cold rads. Didnt even have hot water before.

Sponsored Links
Found it on the forum. yes I already tried that and the pump is turning freely. I've changed the thermostat yesterday also and that seemed to get the boiler firing and the water to be hot again. (Gas board said it needed a new therm at a very hefty cost so bought my own instead)Really stumped now. Gas board service team been out 3 times in 3 days and just stand scratching their heads.

Sounds like lack of flow. Could be pump free, but on it's last legs again, or blockage, or diverter stuck in dhw position.
Pump can be tested with Agile's " finger test, also in FAQ.

Thanks for that but after reading the inst theres no way I'm sticking my finger in a pump lol. Getting rather p....d with it now to be honest. Why am I paying every month for Gas Service, when they cant even find out whats wrong with the thing. Took the biscuit on friday when the service engineer rang Worcester Boch service team, to find how to bleed the system to get the water pressure up. Even I knew that one and just a mere female..........Needless to say GB got a snotty call from me after. Now they say any further calls for this repair are to cost me. Huh I dont think so....................

Thanks for your help Ben but still no rads working. Seems like i'm gonna have to buy a gas heater for the winter

They should give you a valid reason for not repairing the fault under your contract, and in writing. You pay for getting problems solved, not for an x amount of visits that don't get the boiler working properly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back